Monday, March 23, 2009

A Delicious Bread!

A few days ago we make this bread recipe (Thanks, Regans!) It is called Tupperware Bread. (Why? I have no idea!) It is absolutely delicious! You can make it into bread, rolls, or pizza crust. Here is the recipe:

Tupperware Bread
Makes:
4 loaves of bread
4 pizza crusts
4 dozen rolls


3 1/2 cups warm water
3 T. yeast
6 T. sugar or honey
4 tsp. salt
6 T. oil
2 eggs
10 cups white flour or 6 cups white flour, 4 cups wheat flour

Mix first six ingredients (we did it in our Bosch). Add the flour. Let rise (we let it rise in the Bosch also) until doubled in size. Set on oiled counter; cut into 4 sections. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

For pizza crust: cut into four sections; I am not sure how long to bake it, so just watch it.

For rolls: instead of cutting it into four sections, cut it into rolls; then bake for 12-13 minutes.

This is a delicious bread and fun to make. Enjoy!

Elizabeth

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Glad that you all liked it Elizabeth:) It's one of our favorites...

Amy Q said...

wondering if i should 1/2 the recipe not sure if my machine can handle that much??? any ideas? THANKS! we need all the baking help we can get :)

CuthFamily said...

Amy,

I think that if you halved the recipe it would work in your mixer. . . .let us know how it turns out!

Sarah

Grandma Meigs said...

i have never baked yeast bread, but this recipe sounds as if it might e a great first bread for me! I don't have a bread machine, but I suppose I could let it rise the old fashioned way. Thanks for the recipe!

Grandma

CuthFamily said...

Grandma,
We do not have a bread machine...we made in our Bosch Universal Kitchen mixer, specialized for making bread.
Elizabeth

CuthFamily said...

The bread sounds great! Thanks for the recipe and the photos.
Grammy

Regan Family Farm said...

Mom has cut the recipe in half and it turned out fine.
This also makes great pizza crust.

Grace

CuthFamily said...

Thank for the info, Grace!