Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Leah's Pea Delight

Leah's Pea Delight

Warning: Do not eat if you do not like peas!

Ingredients:

1 cup rotini noodles
3 slices Canadian bacon
1 lb. smoked sausage
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. flour
3/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup water
1 cup frozen peas

Cook rotini according to package; drain and set aside. Slice smoked sausage and Canadian bacon, and put it into a skillet with the onion and garlic. Cook on medium heat until the sausage is puffed and red. Add flour and stir while the burner is still on, then add the half and half. Once the half and half has turned into a thick sauce, add the water. After the mixture has thickened, add the peas and the noodles and stir. Serve immediately. Serves four.

I was making dinner for our family this evening and wanted to try this new recipe. I was very excited because it made a nice cream sauce when we used our whole raw milk. Since we haven't been able to eat milk based sauces for several years because of our allergies, this was a very pleasant treat! if you don't like peas, feel free to use a different veggie.

Please note: we doubled this for our family of six, and would have eaten it all if we had tripled it--it was that good. We wanted more!

Leah

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Sounds delicious Leah! I'm gonna have to try this for us, however, if you could have tripled it; I'm going to have to make it like 5 times! It sounds really good:)

~Jenna~

Grandma Meigs said...

This recipe sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it. I am so happy that you are getting a chnace to prepare your families meals by yourself.

Grandma